Tips to Know Before You Go
Town Point Park and TowneBank Fountain Park are fully accessible to individuals with disabilities. All Norfolk Festevents programs are accessible to persons with disabilities, with accessible parking available at all city-parking garages. In Town Point Park, wheelchair-accessible port-o-lets are located near the main entrances at Waterside Drive and Main Street and at Otter Berth near the Spirit of Norfolk. Individuals requesting special accommodations for events are asked to call the Norfolk Festevents office at 757-441-2345. Special seating accommodations can be requested the day of an event from any event security officer or uniformed staff member.
Photography and Videotaping
Festivals and Events are photographed and videotaped for future promotional use by professionals employed by Norfolk Festevents who are easily identified by staff credentials. Festivals and Events are also photographed and taped by the news media for television and newspaper coverage and media staff are identified by their press credentials.
Lost and Found
Festival attendees can check for lost items with event security or call Norfolk Festevents at 757-441-2345 during business hours, 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Lost persons should report to security at all events. No public address announcements regarding lost persons or items will be made during events.
Portable restrooms, including accessible units for physically impaired are conveniently located within the park during special events.
Rules and Regulations
- No animals, except hearing /dog animals and service/dog animals or animals utilized in law enforcement, are permitted in the park, unless otherwise posted.
- However, there are special events that are pet-friendly throughout the season. It is best to check our Facebook Page and website for any information regarding if an event is pet-friendly.
- No glass containers may be brought into the park at any time.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the park at any time.
- Persons must be at least 21 years of age with a valid photo ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages.
- Skates, skateboards and bicycles are not permitted in the park.
- City of Norfolk Codes and Ordinances Sections 25.2-60 through 25.2-99, govern Town Point Park. For the safety of all, the Norfolk Police may screen persons entering the park.
- Norfolk Festevents reserves the right to postpone, cancel and/or evacuate events due to adverse weather conditions.
NOTICE: These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and you are subject to all applicable State or City laws.
The health and safety of our patrons, artists, and employees is our top priority. Norfolk Festevents is actively monitoring the incidence of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our region. We have been asked how COVID-19 may impact upcoming events. Norfolk Festevents is following guidance from local health departments, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the City of Norfolk regarding large gatherings, including CDC recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, all scheduled events will take place as planned. However, if you are sick or feeling you are getting sick, we ask that you please stay home. Currently, older adults and persons with underlying health conditions are considered to be at increased risk of severe illness and complications from COVID-19. The CDC recommends that people in high-risk groups consult with their healthcare provider about attending any large gathering.
If you do choose to attend events, please keep in mind the CDC recommendations on how to keep yourself and others healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.”
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
- In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
All of Norfolk Festevents’ scheduled events are set to take place at outdoor, open-air venues, Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park.
If the Norfolk Waterfront Gospel Festival is forced to move into Norfolk Scope arena due to inclement or unfavorable weather, all event staff will be required to wear face coverings and non-vaccinated guests will be encouraged to wear a face covering. Fully vaccinated guests have the option to wear a face covering based on Norfolk Scope Arena’s current COVID-19 protocols.
Should an artist require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test as a condition for admission in the future, we will fulfill that requirement. However, at this time none of the artists booked to perform at our venues in 2022 have requirements for proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test as a condition for admission.